Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just call me Mrs. Handywoman!


I don't doubt myself very often when it comes to my abilities, although deep down there does lie a little doubt. There are some things I just don't attempt for fear of messing up, could be costly depending on the job. Although, yesterday I was quite pleased with myself. In fact, I even had to call my folks up and brag about it. I have been putting off a lot of things that needed to be done with my house not for fear of doing it, more than likely because of laziness. I don't know what got into me yesterday, but I am still amazed at myself. Without any help, I assembled and installed 2 ceiling fans! Some may say, that isn't a feat, but have you ever tried to install a ceiling fan? They are a pain in the you know what! I can see why some just pay to have someone else do it. My first attempt at such a job and successful. The kids are still excited over their new fans. Don't tell my husband, but the tools in the garage are truly mine. :) Well, I'm off to start on my next ceiling fan and bathroom fixture.

4 comments:

Barry Hughes said...

Awesome. I had to get my neighbor to help me!

hot potato said...

very cool nikky-cole. hmmm, i kind of like that nickname.

you are definitely a capable woman--your husband doesn't know how good he has it.

ceiling fans? are you kidding me?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Can I book you for the month of June. Wow I'm impressed. I've been able to break a few things but not repair. We're having a great time in Warsaw. I get to meet with all my friends here Tues PM....but for now I'm going for a swim and a reflexology foot massage. Love ya and miss ya Judi

SPARKY said...

i too am impressed with yourself :O) at least i know who to call now!