Monday, September 01, 2008

Love and/or Hate


So I had to visit the grocery store yesterday. I decided to go to WinCo thinking it is much cheaper than Walmart. I love the front of the store because they shelve all of their deals, cheap deals. Not only that, you can find some really awesome deals on meat. The last deal I got was 2 pork loin roasts for $7, each of which feeds my family of 4 for 2 nights. Pretty good. Without fail though I always get frustrated in that store. Either they don't carry what I'm looking for (i.e. a brand of natural peanut butter that my kids love) or they fluctuate their prices so much on things like cheese, etc. Some of the things I'm used to buying @ walmart are incredibly more expensive at WinCo. So, is it really cheaper than Walmart? Plus, the distance is further for me than Wallyworld. Gas, seems to affect a lot of choices we make these days when it comes to trips, errands, and so forth. Then there's Walmart or as you can see we like to call it Wallyworld. I have my frustrations with that store also. One, I just don't like Walmart. I think most of you know what I'm talking about. Two, they seem to run out of products more than any other store I know. And yes, it usually is one I need off of my shopping list. Since these two stores are the only ones I can realistically afford at this point in my life, I guess I'm left to deal with my love/hate relationship with both and continue switching back and forth.

2 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

I understand your frustration. These are my 2 shopping stops as well. And of course, they are also the busiest. I get frustrated with all the people. It makes me crazy when there are so many people in one isle that you have to just stop and stand there for a minute before you can even get through. AH!

SPARKY said...

yep...i'm with ya...except! i made my decision long ago. after a long wait at customer service, on like a tuesday at 2:30pm! i bet i waited 30 minutes...with ry in towe. that did it for me. and all the lines were crazy busy. i made a vow, unless an emergency or i had rich with me, i'd not darken those doors again unless it was during the hours of 9pm and 9am....SO i go to winco. i spend the money on the gas and go. i just love that store...mostly cause it's cheap and there are bulk foods